Thursday, August 14, 2008

spotlight #2: Megumi J. Kaminaga

Full Name: Megumi Jennifer Kaminaga
Age: 24 years old
Sign: Aries
Profession: Marketing Coordinator @ TechInsights


Before I became involved with Nakayoshi, I was active in various student orgs at UC Santa Cruz. My love and commitment to community organizations and desire for social change began during my undergrad years and through meeting so many amazing friends and mentors, my eyes were opened to a whole new world.

Graduating in June of '06 with a BA in Sociology and minor in Education, I moved to San Francisco to survive the “real world”. I currently work as a Marketing Coordinator for TechInsights.

Looking for more than just a 9-5 job experience, I wanted to continue my passion in doing community work. Which is why Nakayoshi was created.

So far, its been quite an adventure and its refreshing to see that this vision has finally become reality. Its nice to know that a space like this finally exists in JACL and people are generally excited about it!

So a little about me....

I'm an extrovert and and an Aries to the core. Meaning I'm pretty outspoken, stubborn, and passionate. My mother calls me a social butterfly and its true, I love networking, meeting new people and reconnecting with old friends.


I love music, art, and traveling. I played competitive classical piano for 16 years, took Japanese Classical dance for 9 years, love scrap booking, crafting, and sewing and have found a new love for cooking and baking. I love taking short trips here and there and being spontaneous, exploring new cities and places, and if at all possible I always love to find myself soaking in the sun and relaxing on the shores of beautiful beaches.

No comments: