Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope Paves the Way

Hours away from the Inauguration of President Barack Obama, I can hardly fall asleep as the excitement and historical significance of the day keeps me from closing my eyes.

My television has been set on CNN for the past few hours and I can't help but feel the overwhelming sense of hope and excitement that I see portrayed on the screen from those who are there in D.C., waiting in the cold, to experience one of the biggest milestones in American history.

Today will mean so many different things to so many different people, and as the world watches as President Barack Obama is sworn in as the 44th president of the United States by Chief Justice John G Roberts, we will bear wittness to a new era of leadership and hope.

As a man who represents change, a man who represents the passion and spirit of grassroots activism and a new era of appreciation for philanthropy, I hope that we will continue to see this positive shift in the way the nation views public service and hears his message in urging the nation to strengthen our communities.

My heart is overcome with emotion and it is just a beautiful and amazing day to be an American.

No comments: